BCH is looking for a hands-on, roll up your sleeves Administrative Assistant to join our team. Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Administrative Assistant will proactively provide office support to ensure BCH’s efficient operations by performing various clerical and administrative tasks. The successful candidate will be able to get right to the point, create responses to challenges, condense data, coordinate schedules, meet the organization’s needs for closure, navigate through uncertainty, produce quality solutions and tackle tangible projects. This position is eligible for benefits and will contribute to the success of BCH by working onsite 25-30 hours per week and potential for full-time employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes and directs clients, visitors, and guests; determines the purpose of each person’s visit and escorts him or her to the appropriate location.
- Operates Agency Switchboard.
- Maintains filing systems as assigned.
- Retrieves information as requested from records, emails, minutes, and other related documents; prepares written data summaries when needed.
- Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings and appointments
- Coordinates seminars and webinars held at BCH.
- Coordinates technology services for meetings
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Ensures operation of office automation equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Orders and replenishes business cards
- Maintains a system for recording expenses and the use of petty cash.
- Supports the team by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent inventory management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient in the use of office automation equipment and seminar/webinar technologies
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient understanding of clerical procedures and systems
- Ability to work independently.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None